Sunday, July 14, 2013

Don't Be Sad, Be Glad

After almost a month, I’m finally home. I’m so glad to have been given this chance to go to the East Coast. I’ve learned so much about myself, others, and the world around me. I couldn’t have learned so much without the ILC and the Hotel Management course. It was sad to leave because these past few weeks went by so fast.

At our graduation, speeches were given and Michelle’s group presented their hotel company. At the end of the ceremony, there was a slideshow put together by the TAs. It was such a nice touch! People were tearing up from the memories because the TAs put in many pictures of us. We’ve really learned a lot and I’m glad I took the course. It changed the way I work with others and I learned more about myself in terms of behavioral styles. Thanks to Mark and Reneta for being such great professors.
(From left) Reneta, Michelle, Tomi, myself, and Mark after the graduation ceremony.

On the plane ride home, I was getting more and more excited to be home finally. I’d be able to sleep in my own bed and my family would be close by. I’d even have a nice shower in a clean bathroom! I’ve learned to become independent and I’ll be treasuring these moments I have with my family before I go away for college next year.

When our cohort said our goodbyes, I didn’t cry, but I was sad because I knew I’d miss how close we’ve gotten. We won’t be calling each other to meet up for lunch at RPCC anymore. I won’t be able to go up two flights of stairs to hang out with Tomi in her room. I know I’ve always complained about how hot it was in her room, but I enjoyed working and hanging out with her. I really hope all six of us (and Chan-Law) will meet up one day just to have a reunion. Though I’d see most of them at school, I won’t see Michelle or Tomi around anymore.
The Cornell cohort before parting at the SF airport.

Aside from the sadness in leaving people and things behind, I’m just glad to finally be home. I have different goals now and I’ve become a different person. I see things a different way and I can’t wait to share what I’ve discovered.  The Cornell cohort before parting at the SF airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment