Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fans

Today I finally managed to get a good night's sleep, although I spent most of the day in my room studiously buried in my mounds of work. After spending much of the previous two days souvenir shopping and broadening my horizons, today I resigned myself to complete all of my work and prepare for the impending final assignments. It is quite a shock to wake up and realize that I will be taking a final exam in five days and leaving the East Coast the day after. I have made many friends and experienced a worlds of new things, and I almost feel reluctant to return home. However, just as the freed individual in Plato's Allegory of the Cave must return to enlighten the prisoners, I will return home to share my knowledge.

During my stay in Cornell I have also realized the importance of air conditioning. Spending two weeks in Ithaca with limited access to even simple fans has definitely made me more thankful for the air cooling device than I was after spending a single week in Singapore or Mexico.I have spent the past few weeks baking in the sun and running to any source of temperature control from fans to air conditioned centers. I look forward to returning to share my knowledge, and will likely spend most of my initial time at home reveling in the cool of air conditioning.

I have a long week ahead, and my brain is beginning to shut down from hours of studying, so I will say goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment