Friday, July 5, 2013

Pho-eign Cuisine

Today, my cohort and I enjoyed an exciting day at Niagara Falls. The others girls and I met up for breakfast at Robert Purcell Community Center and at 9:00 AM, we embarked on our three hour journey to Niagara Falls.

First, we visited one of Niagara Falls' most popular attractions, the Maid of the Mist. The Maid of the Mist is a short boat tour that sails past two of Niagara's three waterfalls-the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls. And my use of the phrase "most popular" is by no means an exaggeration; we had to wait in an hour long line before boarding the actual boat. Since the boat is so close to the waterfalls, passengers are liberally sprayed by the mist and seafoam of the Niagara River. However, thanks to our souvenirs ponchos, I was able to walk away from the ride virtually unscathed. Initially, I was terrified by the idea of sailing so close to the Falls, but once we neared the waterfalls, I was stunned by their beauty and actually ended up I have more fun than I could possibly imagined, thus making the hour long wait totally worth it. 






Afterwards, we stood beside one of Niagara's waterfall, where we enjoyed the view, the scenery, and of course, the copious amounts of spray and water. While the others left the area positively drenched, I was once again able to avoid getting a single drop of water onto my clothing, save for my shoes.

Our last stop of the day was Niagara Aquarium. Although quite small, the aquarium housed a wide arrange of species, ranging from marine to reptiallion to amphibious. Some of the animals we saw included sea anemones, sea lions, electric eels, and poisonous dart frogs. 

On our way back to the dorms, we ate dinner at Saigon Kitchen, a Vietnamese located in Ithaca. While there, I enjoyed a hearty bowl of Pho Beef Stew.


I had a really fantastic time today; not only was I able spend time with my cohort-which is something we  rarely get to do nowadays-but I was also able to visit on of the world's most popular tourist sites. I was even able to learn a lesson on the importance of trying new things, even if you're somewhat scared of doing so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment