Sunday, July 7, 2013

Working Hard is Hardly Working

If I were to surmise my day in one sentence it would be this: work, work, and more work. Once I woke up this morning at 9:30 AM, I immediately set to work on my assignments. It wasn't until 11:30 AM that I decided to take a break for breakfast,sharing a meal with Christian and Tamilyn. Afterwards, I promptly returned to my room to continue my work. 

At 3:00 PM, I set off towards Statler Hall. Although Office Hours weren't set to begin for another hour, I decided to head there early in hopes on receiving feedback on my revised CHESS Report. Our new CHESS Report required the use of a very strict template-the majority of the content had already been written by Reneta, and all we had to do was insert the necessary data and make a few adjustments as needed. In retrospect, the assignment is less of a analytical report and more of a fill-in-the-blank survey. Despite the little leg room for creativity, I tried to make my report as original as possible, and if the TAs are to be believed, I seemed to have succeeded. After completing my report, I sent to work on finishing my Report Template. 

After dinner, I returned to my room only to discover that my flash drive was missing. I rushed out of my dorm room, intent on retrieving my lost flash drive, when a few of my classmates stopped me to ask why I was in such a hurry. I hastily explained my situation, hoping that one of them may have seen my flash drive, only to be told that the computer lab had just been closed for the day. Dejected, I solemnly thanked my friends from saving me the run to the building and returned to my room, dreading the idea of having to redo all of my lost work. 

Even now, I'm still attempting to redo all of my previous work. My inner optimist is saying that I've  learned a lesson in the importance of backing up one's work or that I should be grateful for the extra practice, but my outer pessimist is incredibly bitter. Hopefully, I'll be able to find my flash drive by tomorrow and if not, I do have a spare on hand, albeit without all of the files I need. Nonetheless, there is nothing I can do, but continue working, and work I shall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment