Saturday, July 6, 2013

Toga Party anyone?

Today was definitely a good Saturday. My alarm went off at 9:30 AM and I got ready for a day outdoors. Monica and I tried eating breakfast at RPCC but missed it by a few minutes. Not wanting to wait until 11 AM for it to reopen for lunch, we walked to Collegetown Bagels to grab some food to go. We then quickly packed all our swim gear before meeting downstairs with the others who were going with us. About 12 of us traveled to the Robert H. Treman State Park and god, that place was gorgeous. We stayed in the lower part because that was where the swimming area was. There was also a waterfall and a diving board. I felt like I was in heaven. The water was extremely cold, but once I got in, it was worth it. It was the perfect way to spend a hot Saturday afternoon. 

After, we went to Target to purchase a few snacks (and to stay out of the heat) and rode the bus back to the dorms. I was exhausted by the time we got back. Having not eaten the entire day, Tess and I went for an early dinner at RPCC at around 5:30 PM. I took a shower and rested for a bit. I then got some of the reading for this weekend over with and started brainstorming for my essay. A few hours later, an RCA came to our rooms, reminding us that there was a Toga Dance Party at Risley Hall tonight. Out of curiosity, Tess and I made decent togas out of the Cornell bed sheets and headed down to Risley. Unfortunately, when we arrived, there were barely anyone in there. After about 10 minutes, we decided to leave for it was also really stuffy in the room. We changed out of our togas and walked around campus for a bit. We passed by many students wearing their versions of a toga and snapped a few photos with them.

We heard that many people showed up to the dance party a few hours later, but we decided not to go back. The rest of the night was just relaxing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment