Friday, July 5, 2013

Niagara Falls!

It took 3 hours each way, but it was completely worth it. 

I began my adventure at 7:30 AM. I got ready, ate breakfast at RPCC with the cohort, met up with Mr. Chanlaw, and started traveling North to Niagara Falls. I got a bit of reading done on our mini roadtrip but most of it consisted of looking out the window to observe everything around me, or sleep. The car ride seemed much shorter than 3 hours, and once we got there, I couldn't be more thrilled. 

We headed for the Niagara Falls visitor center and then ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. Oh, and before I go on, I do apologize for not being able to post any pictures from today. (My computer broke down and I am currently using a friend's laptop!) The main attraction at Niagara Falls is the Maid of the Mist: a boat tour to the Niagara Falls. And despite the never ending line, it was our first place on the list to go. After waiting for about an hour and 20 minutes, we were finally boarding the boat. Before getting on, we also put on a poncho  provided by them because we were going to get splashed on during the boat ride. We were so soaked by the time we finished the boat ride, but I was completely okay with it. It was my first time at Niagara Falls and the waterfalls were incredible. Throughout the entire tour, I was debating whether I should actually take pictures of the waterfall or just stare at its beauty. I managed to accomplish both. At one point, there was so much mist that all I could not see anything in front of me-- it was great. I've never experienced anything like that in my life, and I just wish the boat ride lasted longer. We snapped a few more photos of the cohort in front of the falls, and then dried off by walking to the Niagara Falls aquarium.

This was definitely the highlight of my long weekend-- perhaps even of this summer. 

We ended the day by eating dinner at a local Vietnamese restaurant and I got back into my dorm at around 10:30 PM. There also happened to be a "Girl's Night In" event in our hall, so I attended the last 20 or so minutes of it. When I went in, they were finishing up a movie, and then moved on to karaoke. There was also a do it yourself henna station, so I tried my best at producing a decent design on my hand. Today was an amazingly well spent day, and I couldn't have asked for a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment